Sunday, April 29, 2007

MUSIC

I realise those years that I was only learning how to play piano but not learning how to perform music. I don't just want the techniques but I want more than that. Like how to establish your own style and how to perform a song with your heart. Also it's important to know the music history and the style of differnt music period. A good teacher can shorten your way to be a good performer. What a shame my piano teachers were craps. There is no mearning to play a song but you don't know the composer and the background story. Music is not that simple!! I'm glad to know somone is being a responsibile piano teacher. Teaching for money? No way!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right. When playing from sheet music most people are playing like a machine, transfering the music from the sheet into sound. Take the sheet away and they have no idea what to play.
I think thats why I've never got into playing from sheet music, (apart from the obvious reasons that you know about!)
Knowing the background is important, not just for music you play, it enhances the experience when listening to music too.
Being a music teacher shouldn't be just a job, it should be a passion.