Sunday, July 05, 2009

STARBUCKS BING SUTT

What a gloomy rainy day!! Usually I don't like to go out during rainy days but I had such a mood to take photos. And also I had an afternoon tea appointment with K and Hei today so I had to go out.

Actually K told me that there was a nice 2nd hand bookstore in Central so we went there to take a look. I rarely buy 2nd hand books coz I always like owning new stuff but for saving money, 2nd hand stuff can be a good choice.

The bookstore is quite tiny and they mainly sell English books. It's not easy to find the books you want. They may not have stock or they may not put all the books on the shelf so you gotta see if you have luck to get what you want. I didn't have any target so I just checked out the books randomly.

I bought a book "May the Best Man Die"and I sold out my "P.S. I Love You" there coz this book isn't very interesting. I just bought one book only coz I know I may not have much time to read.

After that we went to Starbucks Bing Sutt to have afternoon tea. This Starbucks is 50s-70s nostalgic Hong Kong cafe crossover starbucks! The internior design is according to the old bing sutt! They also had Hong Kong style afternoon tea such as egg tarts and pineapple buns. I ordered sasuage roll coz I like it after my first taste in Scottland :P


Tho it was heavy rain outside, there were still a lot of people going there for taking photos. We didn't stay there long coz it was kinda crowded.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics as always, thank you for sharing. :-)

Wow, was that sausage roll in Scotland really the first one you've ever had? I'm so surprised.
I like to think the sausage rolls I used to make are the world's finest, if only you could have a bite one day.

TT

kArEn said...

you are welcome!!

yes the one i had was the 1st sausage roall in scotland!! are you going to make it again? i'm use yours taste good!!

maybe you can give me your recipe?

Anonymous said...

I can give you my recipe but you won't be able to buy the right things in HK unfortunately. I had a specially made savoury filler to go with the meat that you can't buy anywhere else.

Hey, I was in Liverpool today and there is a street vendor frying up, Crocodille, Ostrich amd Kangeroo amongst other meats while you wait. It's very popular but I don't fancy any of it myself.

Would you eat any of those things?

TT