Sunday, February 25, 2007

MAI PO




Went to Mai Po Wetlands today. It's a in between Sheung Shui and Yuen Long, and it's just next to Shenzhen. I could even see the buildings in Shenzhen!! So close!!
Mai Po is a natural protected area which is very suitable for the birds to winter. Our purpose was to take pics for the birds but I only used the compacted digital camera and I couldn't take any close up pics for the birds!! Other people used a professional DSLR and they took some nice pics!! I think I really need to buy a better camera LOL Tho the scene was beautiful and nice but I couldn't take any nice bird pics LOL What a shame!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for yet more beautiful pictures. It looks really nice in Mai Po. HK seems to have something of everything. :-)
What a shame you couldn't take more close up pictures of the birds. I used to be interested in ornithology at one time, if I was to resurrect that hobby I think HK would be a good place to see different birds. It would be an excuse to dust off my old pair of binoculars. :-)

kArEn said...

I can't get closer to the birds! If I had a DSLR camera it would be perfect!!

You didn't tell me you was interested in ornithology!! I'm a bit surprised LOL What kinda birds you like? I bet you like eagle! LOL

Anonymous said...

You're right, I like the birds of prey most but I have rarely seen any.
I was living in London during my bird watching days so I mostly saw pigeons. I guess thats why I lost interest pretty quickly. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I think your photos are getting better and better with the time.