Saturday, September 27, 2008

DAY 2 LONDON / PARIS

We arrived Heatheow Airport at around 5am and then we had to rush to transit to another flight to Paris.

When we arrived Paris, it was around 8.30am. We then first looked for the metro station and bought the ticket to Montparnasse Bienvenüe. The Paris metro was much more complicated than the one in Hong Kong but it wasn't so difficult for us. The problem is that they don't have escalator in the small stations!! Darn!! How come they are like that in Europe? Really hard to believe!! I had to carry my 23.5kg heavy luggage and walked upstairs!! Next time I really should never bring so many things to go travel!!

We arrived Montparnasse Bienvenüe at around 11.30am and we called Vincent to pick us up. The we walked back to his flat, took the shower and started our visit in Paris!!

For saving time, we bouht some sandwiches and ate at the metro. We bought the combo: sandwich + drink + dessert. The sandwich was so big and my first meal in Paris was very full!!

We visited Arc de Triomphe, it looked very impressive!! I still remember when I first visited Paris in 2002, I joined the tour and I could only have 5 mins to take pics of Arc de Triomphe. This time I could walk closer and stay there as long as I wanted!! Vincent told me that the flowers on the ground was to memorise the French soldiers in the WWI. I could feel how French people love their nation and country!!


We walked alng the Avenue des Champs-Elysees. There were many brands and shops and of course we had a look at Louis Vuitton. There were many people inside!! I'm not so into the things of LV so I didn't intend to buy anythings there.


Then we walked to Petit & Grand Palais. On the way, we saw many people protesting for their rights. They fought for their salary. The protesters were quite mild and they didn't do any violent things.


And we walked through Jardin de Tuileries, it was a very big garden!! Many people just relaxed and had sunbathing there!!
We didn't get chance to get into Musée du Louvre, it was too late and there were too many people!! Vincent said at least we had to wait for 2 hours to get in!! We only took few pics outside. I'd love to go inside to see the artworks if I got more time!! Maybe next time!!


Then we took the metro to the Basilique du Sacre Coeur. We had to walk up the stairs to there coz it was a bit high. But it worthed to walk a bit coz I could see the beautiful skyline of Paris!! It was very impressive!!


We sat down on the square and enjoyed some music coz some guys were playing music and singing on the square. I think it is a very nice place to chill out!! Very relaxing!!


Vincent's friend came to meet us up coz he was going to party with Vincent at night. We went back to Vincent's home but me and Connie didn't go out coz we were extremely tired and we wanted to catch some sleep. It is pity that we didn't get chance to enjoy the nightlife in Paris!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! You really like traveling. Please enjoy Paris!

kArEn said...

yes!! I love travelling!! And I enjoyed visiting Paris a lot :)

Anonymous said...

"Next time I really should never bring so many things to go travel!!"


You said that last time, and the time before, and the time before...... :P

TT