Tuesday, September 30, 2008

DAY 5 PARIS / MILAN

The sky was still dark when we arrived the Beauvais Tille Airport at around 6am. We took Ryanair, the airticket was cheap so the airport was small as well. We took an hour bus and we were extremely sleepy.

My luggage was so darn HEAVY!! Everytime when I go travel, I complain about it but finally I still bring a lot of things. This time was really crazy experience!! I knew Ryanair has limitation for the weight of each luggage, I thought it was 20kg but it was only 15kg!! Shit!! When they weighted my luggage, it was 26.5kg!! WTF!! They asked me to take out my stuff to hand carry to the flight or I could choose to pay extra 30Euro for 1kg!!

Of course I didn't want to pay and I got no choice! Imagine how hard it is to take out 10kg from my luggage!! If I could do that, I wouldn't have brought so many things!! All are my necessaries!!

I took out my big bag, put most of my clothes and jeans into it. I had to throw away something such as a bottle of bath gel, a pair of slippers and some cream and lotion. I also had to wear some clothes and Connie helped me as well. Finally the weight of my luggage was down to 16.6kg and it was passed!!

When we arrived Milan, it was nearly 10.30am, I put all my stuff back into the luggage and then took the bus to Milan main train station. Before we planned to go to the outlet in Foxtown (the border between Italy and Switzerland) but unfortunately we didn't have much time so we skipped it.

I called Stephano and told him that we would arrive earlier and then we took the metro to the LODI T.I.B.B station. He was sleeping when I called him but he still waited us at the metro station and we walked back to his home and dropped down our luggages.

We then went out to visit Milan, the weather wasn't so good. It rained a bit in the morning but overall it was cloudy for the rest of the day. There were nothing much to see in Milan, we visited the Duomo, shopped around and bought a lot of things again.




There were a lot of piegons in this square, when we were taking pics, a guy came over me and put some wheat on my hand. Then it attracted a lot of piegons! They grabbed my hand and ate the wheat, i was so scared!! I didn't like it much!! But after that, this guy asked me the money of the wheat, I didn't want to pay!! He asked me for 10Euro! WTF!! I bargained with him and finally I still had to pay 2Euro >.<


We went back to Stephano's home in the evening, put down our stuff and then we had dinner at a pizza shop near by his home. The pizza wasn't so good coz it was only a fast food restaurant. The dough was too thick and oily.

After that we went back to Stephano's home, took a shower and he took us to a club for party. Unfortunately there were not many people and it wasn't crowded at all!! I guess maybe becoz it was weekday. There were live band show but the atmosphere wasn't so good. Stephano then took us to another club but it was quite the same, empty inside!!

Finally we headed back home coz there were nothing much we could do. It was quite disappointing coz I thought the nightlife in Milan would be very fun and great!! Stephano said it would be many people during weekends and we were just not the right time there. What a shame!!

I think there is nothing much to see in Milan and it's a place to shop around rather than sightseeing!

No comments: