Friday, July 28, 2006

DINNER AT KYOZASA

Dinner at Kyozasa with Japanese colleagues. I always have meal at Ashley Road but I didn't realise there is a traditional "Izakaya" (Japanese casual restaurant). It doesn't look like those Hong Kong style Izakaya. Most of the customers were Japanese, the boss is Japanese and there is a friendly Japanese staff.

We ordered a lot of food and I can't remember all what we ate. Food that impressed me were the "tsukemono" (pickles), potatoes with beef, green soybeans and the smoke sliced cow tongues. It's a perfect match to drink beer and eat soybeans! I also tried to eat "nattou maki" (fermented soybean rolls), it was quite good!! I remember last time when I ate nattou in Japan, it was so smelly and I felt sick of it. But this nattou maki weren't smelly. I can't say I like it but it's good to have a try.

No comments: