Tuesday, January 09, 2007

DUN WANNA BURN OUTTA ENTHUSIASM

After 2 week holiday, my 2nd term of French lesson was started tonight. I knew there would be another teacher to teach us and I expected she/he would be a French teacher like last term but when I went into the classroom, I was so disappointed!! He is a Chinese old man!! I don't have any bias but as per my past experiences, it's better to learn foreign language from the native speaker. This teacher is native speaker but the problem is he is Chinese. He usually spoke Cantonese in the class and he explained in Cantonese. I don't like it. And obviously his teaching method isn't as good as the previous one. His class was so boring!! Oh my god!! I can't imagine how boring it will be for the coming lessons!! I can't bear!!

I really want to change another class but the schedule isn't good. But I want a French teacher!! I don't want this teacher to burn out my enthusiasm of learning French!!! A good teacher is very important!! Kinda frustrated now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can understand how you feel. A French teacher makes it all feel more authentic. I feel the same way about buying Chinese food from an Englishman. It feels wrong and I don't think it is realy Chinese food unless it is cooked by a chef that at least looks Chinese.
Anyway, as far as your teacher goes hopefully his class will improve during the term and you won't mind so much.