Thursday, July 05, 2007

FAIRE LA BISE

My level 1 French teacher is going to leave Hong Kong, I met her again today finally!! I haven't seen her since I finished level 1. She is going back to France to take a break and she may be or may not come back to Hong Kong. It depends... The pollution here is one of the reason!! Oh well I want to go to France, really want her to take me there LOL

French culture is very interesting, I know French people exchange kisses on alternating cheeks upon meeting and separating and somehow I have done it first time :D Faire la bise! But it's confusing coz they have two kisses, three kisses and four kisses!! I think it's easy to mess it up!! :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That kissing is confusing also for me. Luckly they don't kiss foreigners so often.

We do hand shake instead of kissing. Foreigners are usually surprised because of that. It is actually very difficult to do handshake right, also need to choose right body position and situation. After handshake one can easily tell what kind of person is dealing with (personality).

Anonymous said...

Amongst friends and family we do 3 kisses over here. For "the rest" a handshake, like mountaincat said, is mostly done. Must agree its a good way to tell what kind of personality someone has. I really like the sweaty, sticky very loos with no pressure at all swinging out of the wrist handshake... :) ..or not.. :)

kArEn said...

I think it's really interesting to greet with kisses. For friends and family, we just wave hands or nod. Different culture!! It's rare to kiss, shake hands or hug!