Sunday, July 01, 2007

SUMMER HOTPOT

Waited for my friends at McDonald and I found that eating Happy meal comes with a Toy from Shrek animation. I wanted a Pinocchio so I had no choice to buy a Happy Meal. Really don't like junk food... I was surprised that the combo sets are so expensive!! I remember when I was teen, we ate at McDonald for saving money but nowadays it's kinda "LUXURY" to eat at McDonald. Time changes! McDonald reallys know how to SQUEEZE our money LOL

We were going to had hotpot at a colleague's home so we had to buy food at market. Actually we all had no idea how to choose vegetables, fishes and seafood!! Also we had to wash the food and cut it into pieces. It's kinda disgusting to wash the squids and cut their head... I don't like the feeling... I suddenly realise mom is wonderful!! She goes to market everyday and cook for us!! Thanks god!! I don't want to be a housewife yet LOL It's too tiring!!

We bought a lot of food and we couldn't eat them all. Someone has to eat them all today LOL I think next time it's better to eat out :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

McDonald's have been trying to have an image change for a number of years. Gone is the idea of going to McDonald's for a cheap unhealthy snack and in comes the wider selection of "better," quality food that we shoudl all be willingto pay mroe for. If you look at their website there is lots of information about the nutrition value of each item of food. I guess it's just a reaction to western governments blaming the likes of McDonald's for the high level of childhood obesity in the west.
Personaly I think those accusations are way off the mark and it is the lack of exercise that is to blame because kids don't play out anymore. They just sit inside on their Playstations and PC's, are driven to school rather than walk and competitive sports aren't encouraged these days because apparently losing will give the kids a negative self image. Oh well, I'm just glad I grew up before this lunacy got started. :-)

kArEn said...

The new image of McDonald doesn't change my view :P I still think they provide junk food tho I know they also have salad and some "healthier" food. I know you are a KFC fan more than McDonald fan ;) KFC is also junk food for me LOL

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is still junk food, but now it is more expensive we can't afford to eat as much of we will be more healthy. Maybe. ;-)

Oh I miss KFC. I don't think I have had it since I sneaked out of the office early and ran across town at lunch time in summer of 2001. Happy Days :-)