Saturday, March 07, 2009

LA UMAI

I heard that there is a new French Japanese fusion Restaurant in North Point so I wanna to have a try there. This restaurant is on the 25 floor of a commerical building and you can see a bit Victoria Sea view.

It was very dark inside the restaurant and I could barely read the menu. We ordered oysters first, they didn't have many choices, only Kumamoto and Fine de Clair. The oysters were ok, not as good as I expected. I guess maybe becoz it isn't the right season for eating oysters.

And then we had Canadian sea urchin, it was so fresh and delicious!! It was perfect match to eat with cucumbers!!

The sashimi salad was ok, the sauce was quite good but it didn't taste special and the portion was too small.


I like the baby Australian Wagyu, it was so tender and juicy!! I loved it!!


The beef spaghetti tasted quite good and we we so fully after eating few dishes. Overall their food was quite good but I don't think I will go there again coz I can have better dishes at other places with cheaper price.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so adventurous with food!

I still only eat chicken and pork. You put me to shame! What can I do to vary my diet? I'm scared to try new food.

TT

kArEn said...

hahah you know i like to try new restaurants ;) and the food that I eat is normal!!

you should have a try on different things!! ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm actually a bit worried about going to a restaurant with Foo and her ordering food that I just can't/won't eat.
Would it be so bad to travel half way around the world to eat cornflakes, Kiwi, Ham Sandwiches and KFC every day?

The other thing I'm worried about is chopsticks. I can't use them! I'm taking my own knife and fork and hoping I can pass through airport security with them. As far as I know nobody has ever hijacked an aircraft with such items but they make cast a suspicious eye over them when the metal detector identifies them in my hand luggage.

By the way, what's a Wagyu?

TT

kArEn said...

I think you should be braver and try to eat different kinda food!! It doesn't make sense to eat cornflakes, Kiwi, Ham Sandwiches and KFC every day!! What a waste!!

You can get fork in the resturants, don't worry!! Or you can eat with your hands if you want LOL

Wagyu is several breeds of cattle genetically predisposed to intense marbling and to producing a high percentage of oleaginous unsaturated fat. It is expensive but it tastes very good!!