Thursday, March 12, 2009

MY COLLEAGUE

My colleague has asked me out for dinner many times but actually I'm not so keen on it coz I don't like to be so close with my colleagues. I think it's different between friends and workmates. I can have fun and laugh and do some silly things with my friends but I won't act like that when I'm at work. I'm not acting cool or something it's just I think it's better seperate work and private life.

I had dinner with her after work and she looked happy to have my company. I know she has been upset and stressed becoz of her manager and she wanted to quit the job. She needed someone to talk to and I understand her situation. But I can't do anything to help her.

It's easy to have conflicts at work and I don't think I can make a just decision if I'm too close with my colleagues. So I try to stay away with them and I don't want to mix my work life to my private life. I do have good friends that who were my colleagues but work is work, it's lucky if you can find real friends at work but it is not a necessary.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right, it's not good to be close friends with those you work with. Firstly because you may have to discipline them one day and that task is made more difficult if they are a friend.
Secondly, friends argue! You can't have the kind of arguments you would have with a friend while standing in the office, that's not good for the career! ;-)

All this is even worse when you're self employed. Befriend the staff and before you know it they take you for a sucker, arrive late for work every day, ask for loans and eventually graduate to stealing from the cash register. Then when you fire them they tell all their friend and family not to use your shop.

Anyway, I'm depressing myself so it's time for some chocolate. ;-)

Take care and have a nice week.
Speak to you soon.
TT ^____^

PS Where is that Blog entry about Liverpool's result I thought you'd write? :P

kArEn said...

hehe i understand what you mean!! The office politics pisses me off!! and I don't like argument!!

haha you are making excuses for eating chocolate?

I don't have time to write Liverpool yet hehe maybe this week?

Anonymous said...

Haha Oh I still haven't eaten chocolate for ages. The closest I've been is eating chocolate cookies but that doesn't count does it? From between 250-500g of chocolate a day to a few cookies. That's pretty darn good I think! a few weeks without a real bar of chocolate. This is a record for me :-)


Yes, office politics sucks but experts say that not joining in the politics is the worst thing you can do cos it alienates from you all your colleagues.
Who are these expert though? And how comes I can't find a job doing pointless research?

TT