Thursday, March 20, 2008

DAY 2 LISBON / CASCAIS / ESTORIL

Woke up in the early morning and then we started our visit in Lisbon. We first went to Cabo Da Roca which is the westernmost of Europe.

Downthere of the cliff is the Altantic Ocean. Impressive!


Then we went to The National Palace of Sintra which is a medieval Royal Palace in Portugal. It doesn't really look like a Palace comparing with the Palaces in Germany or Austria.



After visiting the National Palace of Sintra, we went to Cascais and had lunch in a local restaurant. We had seafood like sardines, octopus, squids and Arroz de marisco (Seafood rice). It was delicious!!

It was a sunny breeze day, just right for having a walk along the coast of Cascais. So relaxing!! It even made me wanna swim or sailing!! :D



Then we headed to Estroil, there are some historial buildings and museum like Discoveries Monument, 25 de Abril Bridge, the Town Hall, The Municipal Museum...


We tried Pastel de nata (Portuguese egg tart) but it wasn't as good as I thought!! It cost Eur 1.2 but the one in Macau is much better and cheap than it!! A bit disappointed but now I know where to eat good Pastel de nata ;)

We shopped around, bought some souvenirs and then had dinner at a local restaurant. This restaurant looked a bit old and we tried Bacalhau. It was quite good.

Then I went back to hotel and Charly came to see me!! It's good to see friend in other country and he took me to the bars to have a drink with his friend. I can't remember what the street name is and there were many people drinking around there. We drank at different pubs and I drank 1 beer and few glasses of cocktail until 2 or 3am. I was quite tipsy and when I went back to hotel, I headed to bed right away :D

No comments: