Monday, March 24, 2008

DAY 6 VALENCIA

It's pretty far away from Madrid to Valencia and it took around 4 hours more by coach. When we arrived Valencia it was already nearly 2pm. We had Paella for lunch again but this time it wasn't as good as the one in Toledo.

After lunch we had city tour at Valencia. Valencia is the 3rd largest city in Spain. We visited Torres de Quart, City of Art and Science, the Catheral of Valencia and the Plaza of de la Virgen.





Some centuries ago, The Catheral of Valencia is used to be a mosque, but when El Cid conquered the city, it became a Roman Catholic cathedral.


We had a Spanish local guide to show us around the city, she spoke her English with Spanish accent which I hardly understand and I almost fell asleep :P




We had a drink in a cafe and the coffee there was quite cheap. Spanish coffee was quite good but I still prefer latte or Cappuccino.

Then we went back to hotel to have dinner and once again we had French fries and "dried steak". I didn't like it at all. It's the disadvantage for joining the tour coz you never have choice.

When I went back to the hotel room, the light at the mini bar didn't work well. It kept flashing so I called the reception and asked them to fix it. The lady didn't understand english well and she sent someone to our room to take a look. The other lady couldn't understand English too!! She could only speak Spanish and she wasn't willing to fix it. How come they have such service tho I only stayed for on night... I feel like Spanish people are not so friendly and helpful.

No comments: