Sunday, March 23, 2008

DAY 5 MADRID / TOLEDO / CONSUEGRA

Someone said The Stadium of Real Madrid Club is a must-go place and for sure our tour gudie showed us around there. I wasn't not so keen to see the Stadium of Real Madrid, I couldn't go in anyway and also Owen is not playing there anymore :P It didn't interest me much :D

Today there is a game for Real Madrid and Valencia at 19.00. Many people queued for buying the tickets. I heard that the tickets are pretty expensive.


The coach of Valencia C.F. was driving in to the Real Madrid stadium, I guessed they were some football players in the coach but I have no idea who they are. I don't want Spanish Football at all :D


Then we went to Toledo to have a city tour. First we had lunch at a hotel restaurant in Toledo and we had paella. The paella was so delicious and there were many seafood inside!


After lunch we walked around Toledo city and visited the Catheral of Saint Mary. Toledo is declared as a World Heritage Site and this city is very peaceful and beautiful. The old city is located on a mountaintop, which is surrounded by the Tagus River.



We also went to Consuegra which is not on the list of itinerary so we had to pay extra 10 Euro each for the driver to drive us there. I don't think it really costs so much but I really would like to see the windmills on the hill.

The windmills look fantastic but it was so cold on the top of the hill!! We only stayed there for 15mins coz it was snowing again.


We went back to Madrid for dinner and then went back to hotel for rest. Nothing much to do when I was back to hotel coz I was extremely tired.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you stopped watching Spanish football when Michael Owen left Real. ;-)

It's a shame you couldn't go into the stadium and see the game, you would have enjoy the atmosphere.

TT

kArEn said...

I'd like to watch the football in live but it was too rush!!

Maybe I should watch Newcastle or Liverpool instead of watching Real Madrid :D