Saturday, April 25, 2009

DAY 2 KAWAGUCHIKO / HAKONE

What a nasty weather!! I was so disappointed to wake up seeing the rain outside. It rained even heavier than yesterday!! Darn!! I don't want a rainy vacation!! After having Japanese style breakfast at the hotel, we took the couch to Hakone. It is supposed that we would go to Mt. Fuji but becoz of the rain, it was canceled.

On the way to Hakone, we saw a few Sakura trees! What a surprise!! The sakura should have withered and fallen at the end of April but it was still a bit cold in Hakone, luckily we could still see them!! It was my first time to see the Sakura!! Very beautiful!!


Then we went to Owakudani, it is a volcanic valley with active sulphur vents and hot springs. We walked up a bit to see the hot springs but I didn't really have good mood becoz of the weather.

There is a very famous food - Kuru-Tamago (Black egg) in Owakudani. The eggs are hard-boiled in the hot springs and they turn black and smell slightly sulphuric. It is a rumuored that eating the eggs would increase longevity and one egg adds 7 years in your life. I didn't eat any coz I don't want longer life LOL (Actually I don't like hard-boiled egg and I tasted it many years ago already).

After visint Owakudani, we went to Lake Ashi and had lake cruise. The sightseeing ship is modeled on medieval sailing vessel and the name of the ship is Victoria. It rained heavily and it was very foggy so I couldn't see Mt. Fuji from the ship. What a shame!!

We then have lunch in a local restaurant. It was a Japanese set lunch with rice and udon. The food was ok only. And after lunch we took the couch to Tokyo and it was quite a long journey. When we arrived Shinjuku, it was nearly 7pm. We checked in and rested a bit at the hotel, then went out to have dinner.



My friend recommended me to try this Japanese BBQ restaurant "Rokkasen" so I booked it in advance. It was a BBQ buffet and it costed Yen6,300 per person. They have many kind of food just like crabs, shrimp, scallop, fish, beef, chicken, pork, salad, vegetable... We ordered a lot of food and I loved the beef a lot!! So tasty!! And their service was good too!! We were sooooo full!! :D


2 comments:

Mountaincat said...

Nice trip! :)

Did you travel with your boyfriend ?

kArEn said...

Yes it was a nice trip! I travelled with my best friend ;)