Sunday, August 27, 2006

GLOOMY SUNDAY


Someone told me the story of a haunting song "GLOOMY SUNDAY", it's a song written by a Hungarian painist Rezso Seress in 1933. It is also called "Suicide Song" because over a hundred people felt too depressing and committed suicide after listening to it. It seems like this song was being cursed. Seress's fiancee left him so he wrote this song to win her heart back but she also committed suicide after listening to it.


I'm curious about the power of this Suicide Song, I've listened the original Hungarian version, the piano instrument version and other English versions, I think this song is very impressive. It's a very blue song and I like the melody. But what make people suicide? I can't believe music can kill anyone. Or may be today is a sunny Sunday and I'm not in blue mood so I can't feel the power of this song :P

No comments: