Thursday, August 23, 2007

NASTY WORK

My company is expanding and there is reformation such as enhancing our brand and image to attract more customers. Our boss usually has many ideas and he's just taken over another company. That means our workloads are increasing. I got many meetings recently and I have to deal with some producing companies and stuff... It's ok I can deal with it.

But today got a really BAD news, my assistant just handed in her resignation letter!! Oh my godness!! She has worked for 2 months only!! She thinks her job is kinda boring and she wants to work in a sales and marketing team (but our company doesn't have sales and marketing department!!) I think she is quite smart and efficient and I was going to teach her more but now it's a problem for me if she is going to leave in a week. I have to take over all her work!!

My manager has some suggestions for me:

1) She has a middle-age Japanese friend, who doesn't know any Cantonese or English. My manager THINK she wouldn't mind to be my assistant and she can work well.
My opinion: I don't want a Japanese assistant it's only my manager thinks she is suitable. It's a big problem if she can't communicate with the non-Japanese speaking warehouse staffs and accountants. How can I order her to deal with things with other staffs?

2) Hiring a cheap local data entry assistant who doesn't speak Japanese. Or not to hire anyone but we all share the workloads.
My opinion: As my assistant, of course I prefer if she can speak Japanese and Cantonese, I don't want to translate everything all the time! I'm not a translator! If they don't hire another assistant for me, I don't think the other colleagues are free to take over some workloads! That means I have to do by myself!

As a conclusion, my company isn't willing to pay more to hire a better person. I'm sick to teach someone who doesn't work long. It's kinda wasting my time. What should I do? Doing all the work by myself?

No comments: