Saturday, May 23, 2009

DAY 2 LONDON / EDINBURGH / STIRLING

I took 8.50am flight to Edinburgh from London, and it was 10.10am when I arrived there. Kelly and Kate took 2pm flight from Paris to Edinburgh so I didn't wait them at the airport. I went to the hostel first and unloaded my heavy luggage.

We booked the hostel in Stirling on the first night coz we got no choice. It was so crazy that 23rd night, the hostels in Edinburgh were all full!! I had no idea but someone told me that there was Rugby Cup final so many people were going to watch the game in Edinburgh.

The only available hostel which is near by Edinburgh was in Stirling so we just stayed in Stirling for one night. I took the bus from Edinburgh airport to the train station and then took the train to Stirling. Stirling is around 50mins train from Edinburgh, it is a small town.


When I arrived the hostel, it was around 2pm. Kelly and Kate were just on the plane. So I went out and walked around. It felt good to be alone in the other country. Everything was new for me. I had no map and I just followed the road signs and walked.


I looked for the Stirling castle, then I saw a tourist information centre so I took a map and headed to the castle.

The weather was pretty cold in Stirling. It was cloudy and it rained a bit. The castle is on the top of the hill so I had to walk up. I was very tired after the long journey on the flight! I had an ice-cream and I was freezing!!

The buildings in Stirling looks nice. There are quite a lot of old buildings. I like them a lot. And when I strolled around and took a deep breath, it smelt so "UK" LOL It's hard to explain but the air smelt so familiar for me.


It didn't get into the castle coz I didn't have much time. I had to pick up Kate and Kelly at Stirling train station.

I was looking forward to see them again and it was good when I met them in the train station! Since it was late when they arrived Stirling, they didn't have much time to do the sightseeing. I took them back to the hostel and we went out to buy some food and wine in the supermarket.

We had a lot to talk!! They told me about their lives in Europe and their happiness and sadness. It was very interesting and funny!! They experienced a lot in these 3 months!! Tho we were so tired, we kept talking until midnight.

2 comments:

Manic-Moon-Fairy said...

Your life is very inspirational, you've seen so much and travelled abroad plenty, you should be really happy with yourself! I've always wanted to travel and your photos and stories really make me happy!

kArEn said...

Thank you very much!! I'm glad that you like my blog!! I've been lazy for updating it and hopefully I can catch up all my life stories soon! ;)