Sunday, May 31, 2009

DAY 10 NICE / LONDON

I'm going to London today!! Kelly sent me to the airport in the morning and then I have to go on the trip on my own. When I arrived London, it was around 11am.

I booked Palmers Lodge for 3 nights. This hostel locates in Swiss Cottage. I took train from Gatwick airport to Victoria Couch Station and then take the bus to Swiss Cottage. It was easy to find the hostel. The hostel was bigger than I expected and the room was tidy, secure and private. I highly recommend this hostel if anyone looks for a cheap accommodation in London.

When I checked into the hotel, it was nearly 3pm. I knew there were flea markets in the weekend so I took a bus to Camden Town.

Just like in Hong Kong, I like taking bus more than underground coz it is very convenient and there are seats. Also it is a pleasure to sit on the bus and look around the outside view. There were signs on the bus so I knew where I should get off.

The bus drivers were even more friendly than those in Hong Kong. They wore smiles and they were very helpful.

There were a lot of things to see in Camden Town. Many shops and street markets as well. They sold antiques, clothes, shoes, accessories, souvenirs... I bought some accessories for myself.

The Regent's Canal runs through the North of Camden Town. There is Canalboat trip for tourists.

I strolled around until evening and then went back to the hostel. I was pretty tired so I slept at around 11pm.

No comments: