Sunday, May 24, 2009

DAY 3 EDINBURGH

Woke up in the early and then we had to move to the hostel in Edinburgh. I hated to move around with my heavy luggage but I had no choice.

The backpacker hostel was kinda funky and colourful. The staff were so young and friendly. It seemed nice but the problem is there were only stairs!! No lift!! WTF!! Our luggage were very heavy and we had to spend time to drag them up to our room.

We then went out and walked around Edinburgh city. It was a nice sunny day!! I liked the weather a lot!! We enrolled 2 local tour, one was the night ghost tour and the other one was Loch Ness tour for tomorrow.



We visited the Edinburgh castle, it looked amazing!! And the street in Edinburgh looked so nice!! It was an old city with many historical and Victorian Style buildings. I like Edinburgh a lot!!

I wanted to do some shopping but I had to control myself and the weight of my luggage. It couldn't be heavier than 20kg coz I had to take the budget flight (Easyjet) to Nice. Easyjet is very strict to the weight of luggage.

I only bought 2 scarfs and it costed 20pounds each. Not too expensive and the quality is very good!!


We also visited St Giles' Cathedral and Scott Monument, it was quite easy to walk around Edinburgh coz it wasn't very big and the attractions were closed to each other.


And I think the world is really small!! I met Thomas Chu in the Edinburgh train station!! He was sitting on the bench with his friends!! How coincidence!! I've never thought I would meet any friends outside Hong Kong!!

Thomas and his friends just arrived Edinburgh today and then they are going to Switzerland few days later. It's good that they had car and they can drive by themselves.

We had dinner at the hostel and then we joined the night ghost tour at around 8pm. We all expected that it would be a very exciting and scary tour.


The sun wasn't fully set so the street wasn't so dark. There were a guy who looked mysterious and he was our guide. He just showed us around the High Street from point to point and then he talked about the history and the ghost stories. It wasn't scary at all and it was a bit boring. We kept yawning LOL

The guide took us to the basement cave, we thought someone would jump up to scare us but no!! Still stories!! Before ending the tour, we had a drink together and we asked the other people if they thought the tour was scary, a lady told us the story scared her LOL OMG?!! How come?? Maybe my English wasn't good enough to undertand the scary stories?

We felt a bit disappointed about this tour, we walked back to hostel at around 11pm and then slept coz tomorrow we had to wake up early and head to Loch Ness.

No comments: