Thursday, May 28, 2009

DAY 7 NICE

Our plan has changed a bit so we had to move from Hostel Baccarat to Villa Saint Exupery in the morning. Villa Saint Exupery located on the hill and it was a wonderful villa. They had free shuttle bus services and the staffs were very friendly and nice. I liked the atmosphere there.

We had no idea where to go yet so after checking in, we asked the staffs to recommend us some nice beaches. Surprisingly the staffs could speak fluently English. Later on I found that most of them weren't French, they were from Canada and they worked there as a summer job. I met quite a lot of Canadian in Nice!

A staff recommended us to go to Villefranche Sur Mer, it was only 15-20mins by train so it wasn't far away. There were quite a lot of people on the beach and enjoying sunbath!! We didn't plan to go swimming so we just lied down and relaxed on the beach.


Honestly I didn't quite enjoy the sunbath. I like the beach, the sun and the blue sky but I didn't want to get tanned. It was so hot and I wish I could swim in the sea!!


We stayed in the beach for around an hour (that's really enough for sunbath only) and then headed back to downtown. I understand why Nice is a one of the most popular vacation destination in France coz you will really adore such mild weather and beautiful beaches when you are there.

We bought some take away pizza, snacks and champagne and then went back to our hostel. There was a nice chapel where we could enjoy our dinner and meet people there.

We met a Chinese guy who was studying in Italy and he came to Nice with his mom for vacation. hahaha Kate envied him very much :D

My roommates were from Canada, Australia and States. The one who was next to my bed was super cute!! :D I was pretty lucky LOL Kate and Kelly stayed up late to use laptops but I was so tired and I just slept right away.

No comments: