Tuesday, June 02, 2009

DAY 12 LONDON

I like London very much. Tho I've visited London before, I think I wouldn't get bored if I go there again and again. I planned to have a city sight-seeing today. I wanted to watch an opera tonight so I went to PiccadillyCircus to buy ticket first. I did want to watch The Phantom of the Opera but I watched it in Hong Kong already so I chose "Les Misérables".




I strolled around on the street and I had no idea where to go yet. I walked to Trafalgar Square and just passed byNational Gallery. I didn't plan to visit there and I had no idea what was there inside but finally I just got in to have a look. Surpringly there were a lot of great collections inside. Many paintings are dated from the mid-13th century to 1900. It was so enjoyable to see those impressive paintings.


I was a bit hungry and I wanted to have a heavy lunch. I just picked a steak house and enjoyed my big lunch. I ordered a steak and red wine. I don't usually drink wine during day time but I'm on vacation!! So I just do whatever I want!! Honestly the steak wasn't very good, this lunch costed me nearly 30pounds!!


Then I shopped around in Oxford Circus, there were a lot of brands and shops!! I didn't buy many things, this time I controlled myself very well :D

The opera started from 7.30pm, I ate something at the coffee shop before it started. I was too full after eating a big lunch so I preferred to have something light for dinner.

I bought a discount ticket, the seat wasn't too bad. It was in the centre of last few rows. But I could still see the stage clearly. The stage effected was great and I liked the songs too.


No comments: