Monday, June 01, 2009

DAY 11 CAMBRIDGE

It was good to travel on my own coz I could just wake up whenever I want and go anywhere I like. Of coz it could be a bit lonely sometimes coz I didn't have friends to talk to and share with.

I planned to go to Cambridge today. I didn't rush myself, so I woke up at around 8.30am, had a breakfast and then took the bus to Victoria Couch Station. It needs around 2.5 hour to Cambridge bus. I missed a bus when I arrived couch station so I had to wait for an hour for catching up the next bus.

Cambridge is a famous university town and I always want to go there after reading Xu Zhimo's poem. This time I only stayed in London for few days so I could only choose to go to Cambridge or Oxford. Sorry Oxford, I would definately go to visit you next time LOL

I didn't have a street map so I found a way to the tourist information centre and then got a map. Cambridge isn't big so it wasn't difficult to get around.

I didn't really have a plan for what to see but for sure I need to go to see the Cambridge University!! The University of Cambridge has 31 colleges. I didn't go through all the colleges, I think I visited Trinity College and King's College (Can't hardly remember).

You have to pay for the entrance fee for getting in the college, I didn't get in, just took photos and sat outside only.


Surprisingly, I saw more Chinese students in Cambridge than seeing in London!! Are there really so many Chinese students studying in the University of Cambridge? I should have worked harder when I was small!! LOL

I walked along the River Cam, enjoyed the mild sunshine and breeze, it felt so good!! Punting seems fun but I wouldn't do that alone and it seems very tiring!!


What a relaxing day in Cambridge!! I went back to London at around 8pm, had a quick dinner and then went back to the hostel.

No comments: