Thursday, May 18, 2006

DA VINCI CODE


DA VINCI CODE is a hot topic now. I didn't have any expectation on this movie so I wasn't too disappointed after watching it. It's really not easy to simply put this complicated novel on the screen. I have read the novel and I think this film doesn't show the dramatic and mysterious way like the novel does. The growing affection between the two lead characters Langdon and Sophie was skipped. And it also skipped the mixed feelings of Sophie toward her grandfather. I don't think this film is a suspense coz it didn't make me feel eager to know what is going to happen (may be becoz I've read the book).

I don't understand why so many Christian groups strongly boycott this film and to have this film cut or banned. I heard this story has impacted many Christians but it's only a fiction. Just believe what you believe, how can your belief collapse easily?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you start giving the films you review a rating out of 5 please.
5 Lambs = Great
1 Lamb = Toilet

:-)

Anonymous said...

Oh I forgot to say that I agree with you about these church leaders who are making a fuss about The Da Vinci Code. I haven't seen the film or read the book so I don't know the specifics, but it is a work of fiction and they shouldn't be protesting about it.
These people give Christianity a bad name and make it seem as though we are all the kinds of people that moan, complain and protest when our beliefs are challenged and that we are intolerant towards non-believers. I have always found the opposite to be true but who would believe that as long as these people make so much noise.

kArEn said...

I give 3 Lambs for this film. It's not too bad but not so good. Hollywood has often failed to convert great books into great movies. I think it's better to watch it without reading book.