Saturday, September 29, 2007

DAY 10 MUNICH

Big Day today!! We were going to Oktoberfest!! Drinking beer and having fun today!! Yay!! We woke up at around 11am coz last night we drank until 6am. We had a big breakfast and then we went to an accessory shop to shop around. Kristine wanted to buy something for her friend’s birthday and we bought a pair of cute earring there.

Then we took the subway to Michele’s office. We met Dirk there but he was late :D They showed us their office. Their office is so big and cool!! They have their own entertainment room and many kitchens!! There are unlimited beers, drinks and snacks!! Beer again!! Wow!! It’s so IMPRESSIVE to see how German people love beer!! I can’t believe they can drink beer at work!! They have 6 weeks holiday with good benefit at work, well I really want to look for a job in Germany!! If there is any non-German speaking job, please let me know!! I’m ready for it :D

Afterwards we walked to the Oktoberfest, it was so crowded!! Thanks god it was a nice sunny day!! I understand why Michele asked me to wear sneaker coz there were so many people and many broken glasses on the ground. Kinda dangerous to wear scandals. Fortunately I listened to him :)





We got into a tent where Max and their Yahoo colleagues were already there. Inside the tent it was a bit hot coz there were nearly 8,000 people!! The atmosphere was great, there was live band and people were so hyper and happy! They sang, drank and danced together!! I enjoyed it a lot!!


I drank 1.5 Liter beer and 1 Liter beer mixed with lemonade. The beer tasted sooo good. I liked it a lot but I got so drunk. The beer was so strong. I hardly remember what I did!! Silly me!! I couldn’t walk straight and I had to hold Dirk and Michele’s arms when I got home. Dirk and Michele made fun on me again!! They think I always get drunk!!


With the help of the pics and what they told me, here are the things that I remember:

  • I drank 2.5 Liter beer
  • Max was so drunk
  • We went to bar after Oktoberfest
  • My hand was hurt by Dirk’s cigarette accidentally and I had a scar on my hand
  • I slipped on the floor when I walked to the washroom alone, my jeans, shoes and bags were dirty
  • There was a fight in the bar and Michele said something to me (Can’t remember what he said)

Things that I can’t remember:

  • We went to Michele and Dirk’s office after going to the bar coz they needed to get back their jacket
  • I said Hong Kong is bigger than Shanghai to someone (strange and silly!!)
  • I followed a stranger to the dance floor, Connie and Kristine were being with me
  • My coat was burnt with few holes but I have no idea when, where and who
  • Michele told me there is a bar next to their flat but I said no

We went to the Oktoberfest from 3-11pm, after that we went to the bar, hung out a while and then went to Michele and Dirk’s office. Then we sent Dirk’s home, I only remember Dirk said he was tired so he wanted to go home. And he told me we would go to the lakeside tomorrow. Then we walked back to Michele’s home, I remember Michele kept saying there were still 20mins. I wasn’t totally drunk!! There was still a picture on my mind!! :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures!!! I can feel the fun to be in Oktoberfest.

Can you get drunk so easy ? Their beer is rather weak in spirit. For me it has no real effect. Eating during drinking course is also advisable.

kArEn said...

I'm not used to drink beer and German beer is strong for me. I like the beer but I can't drink too much :P