Tuesday, September 25, 2007

DAY 6 BERLIN

Woke up at around 9am, took a shower and then we went to the city centre of Berlin. We planned to visit Potsdam today but becoz of the rain, we went to city centre instead. Shit! I hate raining!! It ruins my mood!! Last time when I went to Berlin, it was raining and this time it’s the same!! Some people say London is gloomy but I think Berlin is more gloomy!!

We went to Checkpoint Charlie first to see the wall museum and then I bought some souvenir there. Got some postcards and a magnet. Typical souvenir!! Checkpoint Charlie is a crossing point between East Berlin and West Berlin during the Cold War. Can’t understand how East German people want the freedom but it’s history of Germany so we have to have a look at least.



Then we just got into a bus to Alexanderplatz, walked around and visited some historial buildings like Brandenburger Tor, Unter den Linden, Clock Tower, Fernsehturm, Berliner Dom and Altes museums...





We walked up to the Reichstag to see the city view of Berlin. After that we shopped around again. I bought a pair of scandals at Brikenstock and bought a hat, a clothes a ring and then we went to Kedawe to buy some chocolates and Play Mobile. Crazy shopping today!! I didn’t expect to buy so many things!! Oh my luggage is getting heavier!!

When we took a train back to Henriette home, we met a group of students at the train. They talked to us and asked if we were from China. Seems they rarely seen Chinese people!! Those students are from Stuttgart, they went to Berlin for 5 days as a school trip. Lucky trip!! When I was in school I only went to the Park in New Territories, one day trip only!! Not fair!! :D They saw us buying Lego and Playmobil and they thought we were childish!! :D We are not childish, we just like to collect them!! It doesn’t matter about age :P Those teens were going to nightclub tho they have a teacher who was going with them. But they are only 15 years old!! How come they can go to nightclub? Strange!!


German people are quite nice but not many of them can speak English. Some staffs in the train station can only speak German!! Except “Danke”, I don’t know what I can say to them… But it’s a good experience!!

When we got back to Henriette’s home, it was nearly 9.30pm. They were waiting for us for the dinner. I felt bad that we were so late to go back there. We got them chocolate to appreciate their kindness. Henreitte’s mom cooked us something tasty (dunno what it is, it’s like pizza with cheese but not really pizza). And we had some cucumber salad and fruit wine. I had a few glasses of wine but I didn’t get drunk :D I have to get used to the alcohol so when I go back to Munich on Saturday, I can get used to the beer!!



During dinner, they asked us to play piano for them but I didn’t really want to coz I haven’t practiced for a long time. Then Henreitte’s sister played it first, she can play quite well. And finally I played Richard Clayderman’s Mariage d’amour. Kinda shame to play this song coz I can only remember this one without reading the music sheet. They have never heard this song but they think it is beautiful :)

I think the eating habit in Germany is so different with Hong Kong. My stomach didn’t feel so well. It’s like either meat, bread and potatoes… I haven’t eaten vegetable for few days! I need vegetables to help me to digest! I start to miss the food in Hong Kong now!!

No comments: