Sunday, September 23, 2007

DAY 4 MUNICH

Woke up at 10.30am this morning with a bit headache. I think I drank too much beer last night. When we woke up, Michele was in the kitchen and he was cooking the breakfast (brunch) for us. He made scrambled eggs with his homemade bacons. It was soooo delicious!! Also he made espresso and prepared the croissants for us. I like the espresso!!


Then Dirk and Max came to Michele’s home and we were going to the lakeside. Dirk drove his PORSCHE car, what a cool cold classic car!! It’s brilliant! He bought this car from America! Rich man :D Nice car! No wonder why he can only drive this car during summer!!


The lakeside isn’t far away from the city centre. They said most of the rich people have their houses in the lakeside. Obviously the houses there look much bigger. Some are very huge!! Michele’s said one house was for one family and we joked that the family was for more than 20 people :D I really can’t imagine how rich those people are!!


The lake is big and beautiful. It was so good to relax on the lake in the sunny day. I forgot to bring my sunblock coz I didn’t expect it would be so hot and sunny in Germany. I used Kristine’s sun lotion but Max told me the sun lotion could only protect me from the sunburn but not protect me from tanned. Oh I don’t want to get tanned!! :P

Dirk and Max brought their swimming suit but they didn’t go swimming. The lake water was cold and I think they couldn’t swim in the cold water :D What a shame that they didn’t swim. I couldn’t take any funny pics :P



After that we went to a restaurant which is on the top of the hill. We had our dinner there (someone said it was snack only, impossible!!). I had 1 liter beer, a super huge pork with potatoes. Max and Michele could finish all!! Amazing!! Dirk didn’t eat the pork, he only ordered some light food coz he doesn’t like it. He is clever :D

The pork was nice, the skin was crispy. I shared one with Connie. Connie tried her best to finish it!! Cool!! I tried my best to eat as much as I can, but my stomach was too full and I could only finish my 1 liter beer. Dirk joked that if I couldn’t finish the dish, the weather would be bad :D Oh my god! How come German people are not fat if they eat that much? :D

I drink more and more everyday. The total beer I have drunk these days is more than I drink beer in Hong Kong for a month or two!! I was a bit drunk when I walked down to the hill. I couldn’t walk straight and I felt asleep at Michele’s car :P

"i fell asleep but not drunk!"

We went back to Michele’s home at around 8pm, Dirk came over and we had beer again. We chatted and made fun of each other. It makes me feel closer to them. They all are so funny and have sense of humour!! We are like good friends now. They laughed at me that I got drunk easily and I explained that I was too tired to fall asleep but not drunk :P But in their faces, they didn’t believe me!! :P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, nice car. :-)
Did you have a chance to drive it? Or is Dirk too protective of his baby to allow other people to drive it?

Is it true that there is no speed limit on the roads in Germany? It would be nice to really get some speed up in that car. The only place we have no speed limit here is the Isle of Man.

kArEn said...

I don't have driving license so I can't drive!! Even if I had chance to drive his car, I wouldn't dare coz I can't afford to compensate if I did somet wrong to his car! :D

Yeh they told me there is no speed limit on the highways in Germany. Maybe you can try fast driving there!! :D But get a license first!!

Anonymous said...

I've always found that once you're older than 25 nobody even thinks to check to see if you have a licence, at least that the way it works where I live ;-)
Like you say though, even with a licence I would be scared to damage Dirk's car. It's one of a kind, I'm so impressed by it. :-)