Thursday, September 27, 2007

DAY 8 BERLIN / NÜRNBERG

Leaving Berlin this morning, it’s cloudy and a bit cold today. Darn! I had to carry my super heavy luggage to the Berlin train station. I felt like my arms were broken!

The things that impress me most in Berlin aren’t the buildings, it’s the graffiti. It reflects the street culture and the unique art of Berlin.

We took the 10.57am train to Nürnberg. We talked to a German woman at the Platform. She had been to Hong Kong 10 years ago. We took pics with her cute little son. Western babies are so cute!!! We didn’t know our seats are in which train carriage, we dragged our lugguges back and forth, it was so tiring!! Finally we just got in any carriage and then just picked seats to sit down.

We arrived at Nürnberg at around 15.25, then we walked around the station, surfed internet and waited for Daniel to pick us up. We met him at 5pm and then he drove us to Erlangen, it’s where he lives and works. We went to the supermarket to buy some bread and meat then went to his home.

Daniel lives in 2nd floor, his flat is on the top (roof), it looks nice. He said he could see the stars at night if the sky is clear. That’s cool. I like this kind of house. What a pity that it rained so I couldn’t see anything.



We watched video, surfed internet for a while and then he cooked tomato for us. It was good! Seems most of the European men can cook!! After dinner, Daniel showed us some of his pics and we chatted for a while. I’m a bit surprised that he likes Asian stuff so much!! He taught us some bad German words but I hardly remember :P It’s hard to pronounce. And it’s funny to see him speaking Cantonese!



No comments: