Friday, June 02, 2006

The 7th Day in YORK

York is an historic city and when I stepped out from the York Station, I could see the stonegate and the old buildings. There were some gaurds marching to the war Memorial Gardens and many people took pics for them. Yotk Minster is in the centre of York and it is a gothic building and it looks so grand.


I had Ouse River cruise and it was so relaxing on the boat. The boat crew talked about the history and the builings of York but her voice was too flat and made me falling asleep on the boat. I was a little surprised to see so many ducks in the river.

Cliffords Tower is a symbol of York and you can see the fantastic panoramic views of York from the top. I didn't get on the top but the Tower really looks impressive. Then I walked around the medieval shops and they sells many traditional English snacks. I tried Fudge and it tasted good. I thought it would be too sweet for me but it was good.


Then I visited the York Dungeon, it's a theme of gory exhibits. Inside the Dungeon, there are Vampires, Gorvik, Torture Chamber, The Plague, Dunpowder Plot... It's not really scary but if you are a coward person, you may scream and scared by them suddenly.

No comments: