Thursday, June 01, 2006

The 6th Day in LIVERPOOL

Took 2 hours train to Liverpool, the 1st place that I visit was the Walker Art Gallery. There are many nice paintings and statutes in the Gallery and I like those classical paintings. I think it's a must go place in Liverpool if you like arts. Then I visited the World Museum and it was ok. There are 5 floors in World Museum, each floor has different exhibition like something about space, human, bugs, dinosaur, earth, aquarium... I think the aquarium was ok but the others didn't interest me much.


There are 5 cities in Liverpool City Regions and I only had time to visit Liverpool city. I walked near by the Rivier Mersey and visited the Albert Dock, shops and Tate Liverpool. I didn't really visit Tate Liverpool coz I got out straight away when I knew it was also Modern Art like Tate Modern.

It is so relaxing to have a walk near by the river especially if you are with someone special. I don't think I can have chance to enjoy walking along the river in Hong Kong.



China Town in Liverpool isn't very big and surprisingly I couldn't see any Chinese in the China Town. China Town was so quiet and it's so different with the China Town in Toronto and Sydney.

There are few Cathedrals in Liverpool and I only got time to visit Anglican Cathedral. It is the largest Anglican Cathedral in the world and one of the great buildings of the twentieth century. St.James Mount and Gardens is adjacent to the Cathedral and I had a walk in the Gardens. There is a quiet garden and you can relax there and do anything you want under the tree.

I tried Fish and Chips in Liverpool but it wasn't traditional Fish and Chips. I don't think it was good and I don't understand why it is the most famous dish in England. Fish and Chips are too greasy for me.

I like this city very much and also I like the football team Liverpool. What a pity I didn't have chance to visit Anfield coz it is too far away from the city.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you know Owen's blog?
http://spaces.msn.com/worldcup-hk-uk/

kArEn said...

yeh of course I know ;)
I keep checking it frequently! :)

Anonymous said...

I’m glad you liked Liverpool more than Manchester. The two cities are very competitive and your approval means that we can once again look down our noses those Mancs :-)
I hope the Anglican cathedral was open when you were there so you could have a look around.
Thanks for sharing your pics. They are lovely and very much appreciated.
Oh, lastly, I feel a bit silly asking a tourist this, but where is the World museum? I want to see dinosaurs and didn’t know there were any close to me!! yay!! :D

kArEn said...

Haha how come you don't know where the World museum is? Hmmm... let me think... I remember it's next to the Walker Art Gallery. I'm afraid you might feel disappointed coz they don't have any real dinosaurs there LOL