Saturday, June 10, 2006

ENGLAND 1 PARAGUAY 0

Yeah! England won their first game!! :) They made a good start and pressured Paraguay to make an own goal, especially Beckham and Jole Cole did so well in this game. But I feel a little bit dissappointed that England didn't score. And what a pity Owen was taken out after 56 mins and I think he would play better if he could play all 90 mins. I don't like Crouch and I don't think he played well. I don't like Rooney too but I think he is much better than Crouch. Hopefully next game Rooney can partner Owen coz I feel annoyed to see Crouch on the pitch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you manage to stay awake after Owen was taken off? ;-)
The media here is being very critical of Sven's decision to take Owen off. Owen needs games to regain full fitness and it was tactically a poor decision which to take him off because it caused England to lose shape.
I thought Owen was playing pretty well and if a few balls had been delivered to him a little earlier he wouldn't have been caught offside so many times.
We still won though and T&T did us a big favour by holding Sweden to a 0-0 draw so things aren't looking too bad. :-)

kArEn said...

It was still early so I didn't fall asleep :P But obviously the game became not so interesting after Owen was taken off.
England has big chance to go to Round of 16 now!! Poor Sweden, they are much stronger than T&T, I didn't expect they couldn't win!

Anonymous said...

England rules!!!! ^_^
I was cheering for T&T for that game....and they success~!!

Anonymous said...

Here's some pictures of those England fans that weren't lucky enough to get into the game. Hopefully it can give you an impression of the atmosphere surrounding a game. :-)

http://www.derestricted.com/englandparaguay.htm