Saturday, June 28, 2008

DAY 2 BANGKOK

Woke up at around 8.30am, I was very sleepy and I was reluctant to wake up. But I'm on my vacation!! I didn't want to waste my time on the bed!! Also we asked Nan to meet us at the hotel lobby at 10am so we couldn't sleep long.

It's good too see Nan again!! It has been 8 years and it was very lucky that we met her and she helped us!! And thanks Hang that he still keeps contact with her!! :)

We planned to have breakfast at the hotel restaurant and then go out with Nan but someone was very slow and finally we didn't have time to breakfast. Nan looked prettier and she could recognise us!!

We took the taxi to Chak to Chak to have breakfast first coz we were very hungry. We had Pad Thai and American breakfast and spring rolls. The Pad Thai was pretty good!! But it's kinda strange to order American breakfast!! We supposed to have Thai food, right? :D


Chak To Chak is a very big flea market and there are many kind of things such as clothes, accessories, food, ornaments, shoes... We chilled out there for 3 hours and I bought a pair of Flip Flops and some scarfs. They were so cheap!! But it was very hot there, no air-conditioning and fans!! Bangkok was hotter than I expected!!

Then we had some Thai light food for lunch and went to have feet massage and Thai massage. The massagist was very experienced and she made me feel relaxed. It was painful tho! I could nap a bit when I had feet massage but it was very painful for the Thai massage!! My shoulders were very stressed and tight so when she massaged on my shoulders, I felt so painful!!


After the 2 hours massage, we had afternoon tea in a cafe. I ordered New York Cheese cake and white chocolate coffee, they were yummy!! :) The cheese cake was very rich and I liked it a lot!!


Then we went shopping at Centre World. We went to Naraya and there were many Hong Kongers in the shop!! So crazy!! The bags there were cheap but I don't understand why it is so popular. AC bought a lot of bags there!! I only bought 2, 1 is for myself and 1 is for my friend. I can't see why it is so popular.

Nan couldn't have dinner with us, we guessed she had to meet her friends so we went back to hotel, rested a bit and then went out for dinner. We went to Suan-Lam Night Bazaar and had dinner there.

We ordered a lot of food such as Raw Shrimp, Curry Crab, Tung Yam Kung and Fish... The portions were big and we hardly finished them all!! But the food was very delicious and the manager of the restaurant was so friendly!! He gave us discount card and said we could use it when we go to Bangkok again!! :)


No comments: