Sunday, June 01, 2008

DAVID GREILSAMMER PIANO SOLO

Watching the Piano Solo of David Greilsammer at The Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts tonight. It was quite hard to find the way and we were almost late. I expected the concert hall would be quite big but it was so small!!

Actually I have no idea who Greilsammer is but me and my friends want to join some events of Le French May so we chose to watch this Piano Solo. I like classical music but I was very disappointed with his performance. He has skill but not really impressive and he played piano like practising piano at home. He had to read the music scores (usually the pianist memorises the songs and no need to read the music scores) and he threw the music scores on the ground after finishing the chapter.

He played 6 pieces but I only know Mozart Sonate en la mineur and Mozart Sonate en Do mineur. Other pieces were quite boring and we almost fell asleep. I can't say he wasn't good but it's just he played non-standard repertoires which didn't impress me much.

No comments: