Monday, December 01, 2008

TANGO

Karolina is interested in Tango and she wanted to find someone to go with her. So we both had our 1st Tango lesson tonight!! I had no idea what Tango is and I didn't know how to dance at all!! The Tango that we learned was Argentine Tango.

"Argentine Tango is danced in an embrace that can vary from very open, in which leader and follower connect at arms length, to very closed, in which the connection is chest-to-chest, or anywhere in between. Tango is essentially walking with a partner and the music."



It was quite hard in the begining coz I tried to focus on the steps and forgot about the eye contacts. And I often stepped on my partner's feet :P But it was very interesting and it was more fun than I expected!! I like the Tango music too!! I didn't dance much but it was still great to see how people dance!! Very enjoyable!! Would love to go there again!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure with a little practice you'll be as graceful as a swan and can add Tango to your collection of talents. :-)

TT

kArEn said...

hahaha hey i'm still a beginner!! don't expect that I can dance well :D I don't think i have talent on dancing!! :P