Saturday, October 11, 2008

DAY 16 ROME / LONDON

Our vacation is ended today!! We couldn't do anything sightseeing today coz we had to take the flight from Rome to London, and then from London to Hong Kong.

I had bad impression of people in Rome coz it seems they like to take advantage on the tourists. Me and Connie wanted to buy the train ticket from Rome train staion to the airport on the self-served ticket machine, it only had Italian language and we needed to take time to figure out how to buy the ticket. An Italian guy came over to ask us where we were going and helped us to buy tickets from the machine. We thought he was just trying to be nice and friendly but after helping us he asked for 1Eur for buying coffee!! So crafty!!

When we arrived London Gatwick Airport, it was nearly 2pm. But our flight to Hong Kong was at London Heathrow Airport so we had to take the bus from Gatwick to Heathrow. The fastest way was to take direct express bus and it only needed around 1 hour and 30mins. But our departure flight to Hong Kong was at around 10pm so we got plenty of time. So we used another way to go to Heathrow Airport.

We took a bus from Gatwick to Victoria Coach Station first, then took another bus from Victoria Coach Station to Heathrow Airport. We didn't have enough time to visit London but at least I could see this lovely city on the bus.




When I arrived London, I felt like home coz I could speak English finally!! I mean I could communicate and understand what people say!! It was frustrating in Italy coz people couldn't speak English well and they didn't even have English menu in some Italian restaurants. Paris was ok, at least I know a bit French and the people I met in Paris could speak English quite well. And in German, mostly of the time I had Michele and Kristin to translate for me so everything was fine :D




We didn't have time to visit London but we had time to try fish & chips!! It was only ok coz I don't really like greasy food much.


We got a little problem when we checked in at the airport. The ground staff told me that the seats were overbooked and we might not be able to take that flight!! I was shocked!! I didn't want to be delayed or changed to another flight!! I didn't mind if they could upgrade us to first class!! All I wanted is to get on the flight!! Of course finally we could get on and depart on time! Goodbye Europe!! I'm sure I will be back again!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you hit that guy who asked 1 euro from you ? I know you got training in boxing...

Anonymous said...

You should try food from a Fish and Chip shop in the north. It's much tastier in the north. :-)

kArEn said...

I didn't hit him :P I got no choice and I paid him finally!!

Well I tried Fish and Chips Liverpool before but it didn't impress me as well!! :P I think I like English breakfast and afternoon tea more than Fish & Chips :D