Thursday, October 02, 2008

DAY 7 VENICE

I woke up at around 9am today and then took a shower and made some breakfast at Massimo's home. He has gone to work when I woke up but he prepared some juice for us. And he said we could eat anything from the fridge. So we used the baguette, salami, tomato and cheese to make our breakfast.



Then we walked to the train station and took the train to Venice. When we arrived there it was nearly 2.15pm. We didn't have much time to see and visit Venice coz we only had few hours. We had to go back to Vicenza before 8pm coz we were going to join Massimo for dinner at his friend's home.


Venice was a very beautiful city and I liked it very much!! We took the ferry to St. Marco Square and we shopped around. The glasses, accssories, masks and other souvenirs were so beautiful and lovely!! We bought a lot of things again :D



I wish I could spend more time in Venice, it was very relaxing to walk around there. I think it is a very romantic and lovely city!! Hopefully I can go there again soon!!







Gondola is the symbol of Venice, but it's very expensive to have a ride!! Someone told me it costed 100Euro per hour!!

We went back to Vicenza at around 7pm and then Massimo drove us to this friend's home for dinner. Massimo's friend Stephanie went back to Italy from Frankfurt for vacation so they had dinner gathering together.

Massimo's friend is living in an apartment but it was very big!! Most of them can't speak English very well so Massimo and Stephanie had to translate for us.
Hiw friends cooked a lot of food, such as tomato pasta, rabbit with potatoes, mozzarella and some dessert. The pastat was very good!! The sauce was made by Massimo.

It was my first time to try rabbit!! I usually don't like to try strange things but I'm travelling to other country, I should try all the things!! The rabbit was quite good but it tasted a bit like chicken for me. I know French and Italian like eating rabbit a lot but it sounds a bit strange!! I'm glad that I had a try!! For sure I don't think I can find rabbit easily in Hong Kong!!

Thanks for Massimo to buy the Mozzarella for me!! It is my favourite!!! Very delicious and I ate a lot :D


We drank some different kinda wine but most of them were strong!! Massimo said Italian wine was the best!! Hahaha I asked what about French wine, he said, "It was ok!" Interesting!! I'm not expert of wine so I just drink what it tastes good!! :D
We went back home at around 12am and then we chichatted for a while and went to bed.

No comments: