Friday, October 03, 2008

DAY 8 VICENZA / MUNICH

I woke up at 7am, took and shower and packed my luggage, we were leaving Vicenza to Munich!! We needed to take 6 hours train from Vicenza to Munich.

The train passed Austria and surprising it was snowing there!! I couldn't believe it snowed so early!! I was a bit excited to see the snow but I couldn't get outside to feel it!!



We hadn't seen Michele and Kristin for a year! It is good to see them again!! Dirk is still in Singapore so we couldn't meet him!! It would be fun to see them all together!!

When we arrived Munich, it was 4.30pm. Michele was already waiting us at the platform. He gave us a warm hug and it reminded me the trip of last year!! Michele didn't change much but he has a big tummy now :D He drove us from the train station to him home. When he carried my luggage, he asked me again why my luggage was so heavy!! How do I know?!

Kristin was waiting us at home, it was nice to see her!! We had a good news from Michele & Kristin, they will be parents in May!! That's great!! I'm so happy for them!! Michele prefers to have a bog but Kristin prefers to have a girl!! I think no matter boy or girl, it would be a cute baby!! I wanna see their baby!!
I can't imagine if Michele would be a dad coz he is still a big kid!! Eventhough he said he would be a serious dad :D

Michele and Kristin took us to go to the theme park of Oktoberfest. There were some rides and last year we didn't have chance to go there. It looked amazing at night!! Michele is scared of height so he didn't want to go for the rides but he asked us to have a try!! Thought it looked exciting, we didn't try any rides finally.




Munich was very cold comparing with Paris and Italy. It was freezing outside!! Kristin bought us 2 Oktoberfest cakes and we hung them on our necks!! So cool!! Michele said it was tourist sutff but I think it was cute!! :D


Then it was dinner time! We wanted to eat Bavarian food so Michele drove us to look for the restaurant. But most of them were full coz during Oktoberfest, there are many tourists and restaurants are usually full.

Finally we found a restaurant and we had to wait for a while. Kristin helped me to order the food coz there were only German on the menu. I don't know what my food was, it was kinda pork + pasta and it was very delicious!!

I drank some beer and I told Michele that I wouldn't get drunk like last year but he didn't believe me. Then we had a bet that the next day when we go to Oktoberfest, I can drink 4 Liters of beer without getting durnk. Kristin said she could drink around 3 Liters. Well we have a whole day to drink and my plan is to eat more and drink slowly!!

No comments: